India is one of the largest tea producers in the world. And a major portion of it grows in Assam. Assam tea is famous for its rich aroma and strong malty flavour. It is a main ingredient in some of the most famous tea blends in the world like Earl Grey, English Breakfast etc.
A UNIT OF AVANI TRAVEL SERVICES
Tea Tours in Assam and stay in a heritage Tea Garden Bungalow is a great way to relax & relive the life of a tea planter and know about Tea
* Cycle in the cycling track inside the rolling green tea garden discovering hundred year old trees, gushing streams, natural fresh water pools, breathtaking views and many more things.
* Try your hand in a cooking class with fresh homegrown organic vegetables which one can pick oneself.
* Visit Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary (closed during monsoon) nearby famous for Hoolock gibbons, the only ape found in India.
* Visit nearby villages and discover the lifestyle of the people, their food and culture, weaving etc., buddhist monasteries, paddy fields.
With the onset of the rains the tea season starts in Assam. Tea gardens come alive with fresh new leaves and tea factories buzzing with action and filled with aroma. It is a great time to spend a few days in a heritage tea bungalow in Assam reliving the life of a colonial tea planter in the midst of greenery and serenity enjoying one's favourite cuppa.
Tour Highlights :
* Experience a Tea planter's life in a heritage tea bungalow. Most Tea Garden Bungalows were built in the late 19th - early 20th century during the colonial times when the tea industry started in Assam. Some Bungalows have been converted to Boutique hotels retaining the colonial charm.
* Visit a tea garden and see how tea leaves are handplucked by the tea pickers. Try plucking your own leaves.
* Visit a tea factory and see how tea is manufactured.
* Enjoy tea tasting session and tea ceremony with local snacks.
* Indulge in local Assamese cuisine which is flavorful and mildly spicy.
Helpline +91 9435530345
MOST POPULAR TOURS OF NORTHEAST INDIA
A glimpse of Nagaland tour in 3 nights and 4 days, Kaziranga Kohima Tour 4 Nights / 5 Days, Guwahati Shillong Cherrapunjee Tour 3 Nights / 4 Days, Dibrugarh Roing Myodia Tezu Tour 4 Nights / 5 Days, Tripura Delight Tour 4 Nights / 5 Days
TOUR PACKAGES FROM GUWAHATI
Guwahati Day Tour, Guwahati-Shillong 2 Nights 3 Days, Guwahati-Kaziranga 2 Nights 3 Days, Guwahati-Shillong-Cherapunjee Assam and Meghalaya in 4 Nights & 5 Days Guwahati in 2 days
MEGHALAYA TOUR PACKAGES
ARUNACHAL PRADESH TOUR PACKAGES
KAZIRANGA NATIONAL PARK TOUR PACKAGES
READ MORE ABOUT